Maharashtra Educational Society’s H. K. Institute of Management Studies & Research (Mumbai) conducts:
- 2 year full time regular Master of Management Studies (MMS)
- 2 year full time regular Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGDM)
ASPIRE, EXPLORE, ACHIEVE !
Each applicant is evaluated in context of their Aspirations, desire for Explorations and the hunger for Achievements.
We’re looking for outstanding individuals, and the very qualities that define you make HKIMSR a stimulating place to learn. The admission process is a very simple one and no rocket science. The following points are an attempt to share with you what we consider when we evaluate you for admission.
- We seek for the most potential students in terms of ability to deliver high performance at work in future. All factors together—your performance at graduate level, aptitude score, GD & PI score, extra-curricular involvement and work experience (if any), forms the basis of your selection.
- We consider each application holistically, and take into account factors such as your background, experiences, perspectives, fit with learning culture at HKIMSR and its management curriculum, aspirations, values, and accomplishments.
- To sum up, we evaluate each applicant in the context of their Aspirations, desire for Explorations and the hunger for Achievements.
HKIMSR has developed a systematic selection process for its MMS & PGDM programmes. Aptitude test scores are only considered as eligibility or cut off point. A strong emphasis is given to consistency of academic record, thorough subject knowledge, basic communication skills and behavioral profile of an applicant.
The systematic selection process helps in identifying the appropriate managerial traits in aspiring candidates. Some of the basic qualities that we intend to nurture and develop further are:
- Sensitivity towards the society – being socially responsible
- Managerial Leadership – emotions and ethics
- Analytical ability – problem solving ability at any challenging situation
- Ability to work in team
- Ability to transmit the classroom learning into practical applications
Basic strains of these qualities should be visible in the selected applicants.
The candidates with unusual background are also given a careful consideration before the final selections. Continuous improvements in selection processes are effected through relentless innovations.
The sole purpose of this exercise is to maintain objectivity and also to resist societal pressures throughout the selection process. However, selection criteria and processes are customized within this overall broad framework according to the requirements of the programme.