1. What time of the year is your placement programme?
The graduate placement programme typically runs from November to March in each Academic Year for the students attending the second year of their programme. The summer internship placements run from December to March for the students attending their first year of the programme. If you are a first time recruiter, please write to our Placement Coordinator email@example.com who will be your one-point contact for any information or clarifications that you may need.
2. Where can I get Student Information for Placement?
The placement information handbook with student profile for the year is typically available for despatch/download in the month of October-November. For a printed copy of the placement information handbook ask or please e-mail or write-to our Placement Coordinator,
Prof. Megha Sarkar Tiwari
H K Institute of Management Studies and Research
HK CAMPUS, Adj. to Municipal School,
next to MHADA Complex, Relief Road, Oshiwara,
Jogeshwari (West), Mumbai – 400 102
Board line: +91 – 22 – 2677 4639 | 2677 4588
FAX : +91 – 22 – 267900095
Mob :+91 – 9768145602
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
3. What information is essential to provide in a PPT/Corporate Presentation/ Job Description?
The information that students typically look for in corporate presentation is:
- Profile of the company
- Profile of the career role (projects in case of summer internships) and responsibilities
- Locations where the student is likely to be posted
- Compensation / Stipend (as applicable)
4. What are the various ways of recruiting students?
Students can be recruited for:
- Entry-level Full-time roles for students without previous work-experience
- Lateral positions for students having previous work experience in your organisation
- 8-10 weeks Full-time Summer Internship
- Experiential or Live Projects for a scheduled time
- Corporate Social Responsibility Projects or Community Initiative Programme
5. What is the typical pre-placement training process?
The typical steps in the pre-placement training involve:
Module I : Development of Interviewee Skills – basic grooming till facing the interview
Module II : Exposure to Aptitude & Psychometric Tests
Module III : Mock interviews
Module IV : Practice Group Discussions
Module V : Preparing profiles and anticipated questions as per JD (Job Description) outline
6. What are the typical steps in on-campus placement process?
The typical steps in the on–campus placement process would be
- Establishing contact
- Finalizing placement slot (s)
- Short listing students as per Job description(s)
- Submission of CVs / Applications by students
- Conducting pre-processes (tests/group discussions)
- Facilitating Interviews
7. Is your infrastructure ready for presentation/placement process on campus?
The campus is equipped with state-of-the-art physical, communication and computing infrastructure to facilitate a smooth placement process. Computing facilities, projection facilities for multimedia presentations; telecommunication facilities for teleconferencing and video-conferencing; seminar rooms and presentation halls for presentations/ workshops can be arranged for your specific needs. Please inform our Placement Coordinator about your requirements a day prior to your visit to our campus.
8. How can I post jobs for alumni?
Please email email@example.com and the placement cell will circulate the information among the alumni.
9. Can I conduct placement processes off-campus, most likely at my office?
Certainly, we would be more than happy to send our students to your preferred locations for interviews. Please do inform our Placement Cell your preferences and conveniences and our Placement Coordinator would extend all possible assistance required.